Maximum Occupancy: 8
2 Night Minimum
Up to 4 persons for One Rate
Rates are all-inclusive (including taxes and cleaning)
HOLIDAY TIMES: $229
Up to 4 additional persons may stay for $25 per person, per night
WEEKLY: $999 for up to 8 persons. That's less than $143/night!
Dog Cleaning Fee: $50/dog (up to 3 dogs).
Wren Eagle Retreat is under renovation. This year we added a bathroom, upgraded electrical, and added a stronger wifi signal. All work takes place when no one is staying, however, you may be exposed to some measure of incomplete work. This winter we will be replacing main bedroom and loft carpets. And during the current stage of renovation, work has begun to open the lower level with a game area, lounge, 2nd kitchen, a full bathroom, and another queen bedroom plus additional futon/sofa beds.
Available dates disappear quickly, so reserve now before they are
gone! And if you are booking for winter, please consider
purchasing travel insurance. One previous winter was so icy and snowy that the drive was impassable.
Availability and Reviews:Click here to check availability
and click here to see reviews
Policies and Information
- You must pay for a minimum of two nights. A 25% payment is due at the time you reserve and will hold your reservation. Full payment is due 2 weeks prior to your arrival. I accept all major credit cards. Under certain circumstances, I may require a refundable deposit up to twice the amount of the actual stay or an extra non-refundable fee for a background check. Please note that online websites other than this one will charge you both non-refundable and refundable fees.
- All cancellations must be made by email (cancellation will not be effective until your email has been read and you have received a reply) or by phone (cancellation will be effective when acknowledged). There is no charge if you cancel prior to 4pm the same day you pay for your reservation. After that time, you will be charged a $35.00 credit card processing fee. Cancellations occurring fewer than fourteen days prior to check in will be charged a fee equivalent to one weekend night's stay. All refunds will be paid by credit card refund or check, at our discretion. Any amount not paid when due will be deemed a cancellation and no money will will be returned, such being deemed liquidated damages.
- You may arrive after 4pm local time and must leave by noon local time, although if you need additional flexibility, please ask. If you anticipate having a problem arriving on time or if you need to arrive earlier, please call, text, or email. If you arrive early without advance notice, a $50 charge may be assessed.
Provisions and Policies
- For your convenience, all linens, towels, and hand and dish soap are provided, as well as pots and pans, cutlery and dishes, and other commonly used kitchen items.
- We have books, magazines, DVDs, visitor's guide, maps, wildlife reference books, and board games for your use.
- Well-mannered, housebroken dogs are allowed on the main floor only. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture at any time. Because of the additional time involved in cleaning after a pet has stayed, there is a charge of $50 per pet, per stay. A maximum of three dogs are permitted, although some breeds of dogs may not be allowed to stay. All dogs must be brushed out of doors before entering. All dog excrement must be properly disposed.
- Please keep the gate closed at all times. This is for your privacy, peace and security as well as ours. You never have to wonder who is driving up to visit you.
- This is a non-smoking area. Smoking is NOT permitted inside and only permitted outdoors where ash can be properly discarded, i.e. the fire pit. A discarded ember can cause a wildfire, so use great care.
- You must be 30 years of age in order to rent Wren Eagle Retreat. In addition, we reserve the right to refuse rental to anyone who lives in the immediate area including Chillicothe, Waverly, Londonderry, Jackson, Circleville, or nearby counties, although the refusal may be waived with proper references from a pastor or other respected member of the community or after a background check.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or excessive cleaning resulting from your stay. The property is inspected after you leave, but if something is damaged, please inform me right away so my handyman can come prepared with tools and supplies to repair. If you notice any problems upon arrival, please let us know right away.
- Occasionally appliances and other devices will malfunction. We will service and restore these appliances as quickly as we can, but will not make any rental concession for their non-availability.
- No ATVs. dirt bikes, or other motorized vehicles may be driven anywhere on the property except on the driveway.
- Possession of any illegal substance is prohibited.
- Property may not be sublet, nor may parties be held without prior approval. The rental amount covers only the individuals of which we are informed. Due to security requirements, the names and ages of all inhabitants may be requested.
- No refunds will be made for circumstances beyond our control, such as electric or water outages, floods or brush fires, or any other occurrence beyond our control that does not render the home uninhabitable. In a rural forested area such things may occur, but are usually short-term.
You are staying in a forested area and you may encounter insects, spiders, or some other form of wildlife inside. While we make every effort to keep them on the outside, from time to time they may slip in. They may be temporarily irritating but are part of the area in which you are staying.
No pesticides are used except diatomaceous earth and
insecticidal soap. Personal insect protection sprays are
available on site. The covered deck fan disperses carbon
dioxide and protects you from mosquitos. Wasps are most
interested in meat, so give them a tiny piece away from where
you are eating. No chemical insecticides may be used on
the premises because they may harm many fragile insects (honey
bees, moths, butterflies).