NOTE: Please read the following Policies and Information carefully before making your rental request below. These comprise a contract once payment has been made. You must also sign and return a contract required by my insurance company prior to renting the property. The contract is available for download here and will be emailed to you along with your invoice. Electronic signatures are acceptable.
Rates are all-inclusive (including taxes and cleaning)
MONDAY-THURSDAY: $190/night (for up to 4 persons)
FRIDAY-SUNDAY: $209/night (for up to 4 persons)
HOLIDAY TIMES: $229/night (for up to 4 persons)
Up to 4 additional persons may stay for $25 per person, per night
WEEKLY: $999 for up to 8 persons. That’s less than $143/night!
Dog Cleaning Fee: $50/dog (up to 3 dogs).
Wren Eagle Retreat is under renovation. This year we added a bathroom, upgraded electrical, added a stronger wifi signal, and replaced loft and master bedroom carpets. Although all work takes place when no one is staying, you may be exposed to some measure of incomplete work but nothing that interferes with the function of Wren Eagle Retreat. Right now the ceiling mouldings are not complete in the bathroom. During the next stage of renovation, work will begin to open the lower level with a game area, lounge, 2nd kitchen, a full bathroom, and another queen bedroom plus additional futon/sofa beds.
Attention! Available dates disappear quickly, so reserve now before they are gone! And if you are booking for winter, please consider purchasing travel insurance. Previous winters’ precipitation made the drive impassable.
Policies and Information
- You must pay for a minimum of two nights. 25% of the total or 1 night’s rental payment (whichever is greater) is due at the time you reserve and will hold your reservation. Full payment is due no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. I accept all major credit cards. Under certain circumstances, I may require a refundable deposit up to twice the amount of the actual stay or an extra non-refundable fee for a background check. Please note that 3rd party websites through which you may book will charge you both non-refundable and refundable fees and may have different terms.
- All cancellations must be made by email (cancellation will not be effective until your email has been read and you have received a reply), or by phone (cancellation will be effective when acknowledged). There is no charge if you cancel prior to 4:00pm the same day you pay for your reservation. After that time, you will be charged a $35.00 credit card processing fee. Cancellations occurring fourteen days or fewer prior to check in will be charged a fee equivalent to one weekend night’s stay. All refunds will be paid by credit card refund or check, at our discretion. Any amount not paid when due will be deemed a cancellation and no money will will be returned, such being deemed liquidated damages.
- You may arrive after 4pm local time and must leave by noon local time, although if you need additional flexibility, please ask. If you anticipate having a problem arriving on time or if you need to arrive earlier, please call, text, or email. If you arrive early without advance notice, a $50 charge may be assessed.
Provisions and Policies
- For your convenience, all linens, towels, and hand and dish soap are provided, as well as pots and pans, cutlery and dishes, and other commonly used kitchen items (utensils and spices).
- We have cable tv, books, magazines, DVDs, visitor’s guide, maps, wildlife reference books, and board games for your use.
- Well-mannered, housebroken dogs are allowed on the main floor only. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture at any time. Because of the additional time involved in cleaning after a pet has stayed, there is a charge of $50 per pet, per stay. A maximum of three dogs are permitted, although some breeds of dogs may not be allowed to stay. All dogs must be brushed out of doors before entering. All dog excrement must be properly disposed.
- Please keep the gate closed at all times. This is for your privacy, peace and security as well as ours. You never have to wonder who is driving up to visit you because locals generally do not cross a closed gate.
- This is a non-smoking area. Smoking is NOT permitted inside and only permitted outdoors where ash can be properly discarded, i.e. the fire pit. A discarded ember can cause a wildfire, so use great care.
- You must be 25 years of age in order to rent Wren Eagle Retreat. In addition, we reserve the right to refuse rental to anyone who lives in the immediate area including Chillicothe, Waverly, Londonderry, Jackson, Circleville, or nearby counties, although such refusal may be waived with acceptable references from a pastor or other respected member of the community, or after a background check.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any damage or excessive cleaning resulting from your stay. The property is inspected after you leave, but if something is damaged, please inform us right away so we can come prepared with tools and supplies to repair/replace. If you notice any problems upon arrival, please let us know right away.
- Occasionally appliances and other devices will malfunction. We will service and restore these appliances as quickly as we can, but will not make any rental concession for their non-availability.
- No ATVs. dirt bikes, or other motorized vehicles may be driven anywhere on the property except on the driveway.
- Possession of any illegal items (drugs, guns, etc.) is prohibited.
- Property may not be sublet, nor may parties be held without prior approval. The rental amount covers only the individuals of which we are informed. Due to security requirements, the names and ages of all inhabitants may be requested.
- No refunds will be made for circumstances beyond our control, such as electric or water outages, floods or brush fires, or any other occurrence beyond our control that does not render the home uninhabitable. In a rural forested area such things may occur, but are usually short-term.
- You are staying in a forested area and you may encounter insects, spiders, or some other form of wildlife inside. You can minimize these encounters by keeping screen doors closed. While we make every effort to keep them on the outside, from time to time they slip in. They may be temporarily irritating but are part of the area in which you are staying. No pesticides are used except diatomaceous earth and insecticidal soap. Personal insect protection spray is available on site. The covered deck fan disperses carbon dioxide and protects you from mosquitos. Wasps are most interested in meat, so give them a tiny piece away from where you are eating. No chemical insecticides may be used on the premises without authorization because they will harm many fragile insects (honey bees, moths, butterflies).