NOTE: Please read the following Policies and Information carefully before making your rental request. These comprise a contract once payment has been made. You must also sign and return a contract required by my insurance company prior to renting the property. A general contract is available for download here and will be personalized and emailed to you along with your invoice. Electronic signatures are acceptable and preferred.
Rates are all-inclusive (including taxes and cleaning)
MONDAY-THURSDAY: $190/night (for up to 4 persons)
FRIDAY-SUNDAY: $209/night (for up to 4 persons)
HOLIDAY TIMES: $229/night (for up to 4 persons)
4 additional persons may stay for $25 per person, per night
WEEKLY: $999 for up to 8 persons. That’s less than $143/night!
Dog Cleaning Fee: $50/dog (up to 3 dogs).
Wren Eagle Retreat is always being updated. Although all work takes place when no one is staying, you may be exposed to some measure of incomplete work but nothing that interferes with the function of Wren Eagle Retreat, i.e. no windows or doors are ever blocked, no electric lines are left exposed, etc. During the next stage of renovation, work will begin to open the lower level with a game area, lounge, 2nd kitchen, a full bathroom, and another queen bedroom plus additional futon/sofa beds. But before that begins, infrastructure must be improved (insulation, ceilings, walls, surveying, etc.) so it will take some time.
Attention! Available dates disappear quickly, so reserve now before they are gone! And if you decide to rent during winter, no one can provide an accurate long-term forecast, so please consider purchasing travel insurance or waiting until a week prior to complete your reservation. (But notifying me far ahead of time is advisable due to ongoing construction projects.) At least one prior winter had an accumulation of ice and snow that made the drive impassible even using a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
Policies and Information
- You must pay for a minimum of two nights. 25% of the total or 1 night’s rental payment (whichever is greater) is due at the time you reserve and will hold your reservation. Full payment is due no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. I accept all major credit cards. Under certain circumstances, I may require a refundable deposit up to twice the amount of the actual stay or an extra non-refundable fee for a background check. Please note that 3rd party websites through which you may book will charge you both non-refundable and refundable fees and may have different terms.
- All cancellations must be made by email (cancellation will not be effective until your email has been read and you have received a reply), or by phone (cancellation will be effective when acknowledged). There is no charge if you cancel prior to 4:00pm the same day you pay for your reservation. After that time, you will be charged a $35.00 credit card processing fee. Cancellations occurring fourteen days or fewer prior to the anticipated arrival date will cause a forfeiture of the amount paid as liquidated damages. All refunds will be paid by credit card refund or check, at our discretion. Any amount not paid when due will be deemed a cancellation and no money will be returned, such being deemed liquidated damages.
- You may arrive after 4pm local time and must leave by noon local time, although if you need additional flexibility, please ask. If you anticipate having a problem arriving on time or if you need to arrive earlier, please call, text, or email. If you arrive early without advance notice, a $50 charge may be assessed.
Provisions and Policies
- Smoking is NOT permitted inside and only permitted outside when smoking items are properly discarded. A single ember can cause a wildfire, so use great care when smoking or grilling.
- All bed linens, bath towels, and hand and dish soap are provided, as well as pots and pans, cutlery and dishes, and other commonly used kitchen items (utensils, spices, coffee and creamer, sugar, salt and pepper, etc.)
- Novels, poetry, Bibles, DVDs, visitor’s guides, maps, and wildlife reference books are available for your use as well as cards, puzzles, and board games.
- Well-mannered housebroken dogs are allowed on the main floor only. Dog dishes, rug, and towels are provided. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture at any time. All dogs must be brushed outside before entering and all dog excrement must be properly disposed (plastic grocery bags are furnished). A maximum of 3 dogs are allowed at a charge of $50/dog. Some breeds of dogs may not be permitted to stay.
- Keep the deck gate closed at all times to limit wildlife. Keep the drive gate closed at all times to limit visitors. Locals will generally not cross a closed gate.
- You must be no younger than 25 years of age to rent.
- You will be charged for damage or excessive cleaning resulting from your stay. I know that accidents happen, so please inform me if something breaks so that I can replace it before the next rental.
- Occasionally appliances will malfunction. These will be serviced and restored as soon as possible.
- Security cameras are not monitored during your stay unless there is a problem (fire alarm, sensor tamper, etc.).
- No ATVs, dirt bikes, or other motorized vehicles may be driven anywhere on the property except on the driveway.
- Possession of any illegal substance (eg. illegal drugs or guns) is prohibited and the performance of illegal activities is prohibited.
- The property may not be sublet, nor may parties be held without prior approval. The rental amount covers only the people of which we have been informed. The names and ages of all occupants may be requested for security purposes.
- You may be charged for damage or excessive cleaning resulting from your stay. The property is inspected after your departure. If something becomes damaged, please inform me right away so we can have the tools and supplies needed to repair. If you notice any problems upon arrival, notify me immediately.
- No refunds will be made for any circumstances beyond my control such as water outages, flood, or brush fires, or any other occurrence beyond my control that does not make Wren Eagle Retreat uninhabitable. In a rural forested area such things may occur, but are not usually long term.
- Rentals to people in Ross and nearby counties may be refused without acceptable references from pastors or other community leaders or after a background check.
- You are staying in a forested area and may encounter insects or spiders or some other form of wildlife inside. You can minimize these encounters by keeping doors closed. We make every effort to keep them on the outside, but they may slip in. Diatomaceous earth and insecticidal soap alone are used for control. Nothing of any generalized poisonous nature may be used; personal insect protection is provided and the deck fan, when used, disperses carbon dioxide keeping mosquitos at bay. Pesticides harm many fragile insects (bees, moths, butterflies). Good ecology also requires encouraging helpful insects including wasps which keep other insects under control.